Drive awareness and interest in East Village – the former Olympic athlete’s village – with an immersive experience that will bring to life London's most exciting new community.
How it worked
iD created a range of multi-sensory stands that toured train stations, shopping malls and lifestyle events across Greater London culminating in a 6 month pop-up shop at Westfield Stratford - in close proximity to East Village.
Consumers could experience what life in East Village would be like via:
- A virtual bicycle ride through East Village
- An interactive green screen photo mechanic – which allowed consumers to be pictured in front of Olympic venues and instantly share their image on social media
- Engaging tactile panels, AV content and info graphics to communicate East Village’s USPs
- A Lego reconstruction of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park encouraging children to become part of the Olympic ‘LEGOcy’
- 120% of lead generation target achieved to date
- 50% of consumers opened email communication with 30% CTR (benchmark 6%-20%)
- 420,000 face-to-face interactions to date (107% of target)
- Brand attribution at 84% (benchmark 82%)
- Message recall 94% (benchmark 86%) at 2 week follow up
- Winner of 3 industry awards
“One of the biggest challenges for this campaign was how to build excitement and interest in a neighbourhood that the public couldn't actually see, or get access to, until summer 2013. Experiential has been the perfect vehicle for overcoming and meeting this challenge in a highly creative yet very effective and quantifiable way.”
Head of Communications, East Village