Drive sales of Xbox One and win the ‘Gamer’ battle across key retailers, ensuring that customers get the most out of Xbox One through Xbox LIVE.
How it worked
Interactive live demonstration was a key element of our strategy to win the in-store gamer battle and drive brand advocacy across key retailers.
- iD recruited and trained a team of 83 gaming experts to represent the brand across 73 stores including; Tesco, GAME and Asda nationwide
- The Xbox team encouraged consumers to trial the console through a series of live in-store challenges across different game titles
- Bespoke demonstrator uniforms and a unique branded demo zone kit created a strong brand identity - ensuring stand out amongst competitors in-store
- In-store staff training delivered by the Xbox team encouraged brand advocacy across key retailers
- 2789 live activity days (Sept 2014-June 2015)
- 81,596 live demonstrations
- In-store training provided for 307 retail sales professionals
- Positive ROI generated for the brand
- 10% of consumers went on to purchase post demonstration (verified by iD's research partner 2CV)
- Awarded for 'Most effective in-store demonstration for a brand at retail' at the 2015 Field Marketing & Brand Experience Awards
“The Xbox demo team has been really well received in retail; they’ve been seen to be a real asset to the stores. Whether that’s been training staff on the key features of the Xbox One and why they should recommend to customers, as well as making a significant effect on the sales. In addition to this the branding for the field team has been fantastic; everyone has been very envious – all in all a brilliant campaign.”
Senior Training Manager, Retail Sales & Marketing, Microsoft